Monday, December 14, 2009

Subconscious Shuffle

Today when I got back to my dorm around 9am after my French final, I decided to lay down and possibly take a nap until my lunch study date at noon for my second final. I turned on my itunes and let the music shuffle randomly and drifted off into a pretty comfortable sleep.

I absolutely love this and have been doing it quite often. I find that I never sleep very soundly or sleep straight until the time I set to wake up. Instead, that period is taken up by numerous mini-naps and I find myself both sleeping but also conscious of the music being played.

For instance, this morning I probably had at least ten different mini-dreams during this nap period, and I found that each mini-dream was influenced by the songs being played. I really love when I shuffle my music because so many different things come on. I recall hearing some MGMT, Korean music, Chinese music, a Hindi song came on, and even a few songs that I didn't even know what they were. Let's just say I woke up only slightly refreshed, but eager to continue my day and hit up my second final.

I think I'll take another subconscious shuffle through my itunes right now...

No comments:

Post a Comment