Sunday, February 28, 2010

Shake-n-Bake

I'm getting nervous about the state of Earth with all of these mega earthquakes hitting so frequently lately. I'm not sure if I was just too young to be aware or not, but I don't recall so many strong quakes growing up, and yet in the past two years we've had a handful of terrible disasters...

For example: the South Pacific tsunami which began as an underground quake, the earthquake in Greece, the Sichuan earthquake in China, Haiti, and now Chile.

Could these quakes being caused by human development and resource overuse? I'm curious about that, and a little worried. I obviously don't think some big "2012" thing is going to happen like that ridiculous film, but what does the future hold for humanity if earthquakes wiping out throngs of people and villages/cities comes along on a yearly basis?

No comments:

Post a Comment