Sunday, September 26, 2010

Juices Flowing

Sometimes I get creative when I watch Titanic:

‎"I saw my whole life as if I had already lived it. An endless parade of lesson planning and parent nights, grading papers and monitoring lunches. Always the same rowdy children, the same mindless chatter. I felt like I was standing at a great precipice, with no one to pull me back, no one who cared... or even noticed."

I don't actually feel this way, but I thought it was funny nonetheless. Actually, I'm really enjoying work. Sure it's difficult and my life is non-stop, but I think deep down I like it that way. Idle time always makes me feel like I should be doing something. Although I could do without all the grey hairs I've been finding! But I wish I were just a third grade teacher - the fifth graders are not as fun as the third graders and they seem to be more of a thorn in my side.

On the bright side, I can't even believe I've gotten down all the names of my students in only than three weeks. All 150 of 'em.

No comments:

Post a Comment