Monday, September 20, 2010

Jeepers Creepers

Thanks Oprah for both the recognition, and for the cash for our schools! 

Funny that when I was in third grade, my favorite book series was the Baily School Kids, and my favorite of their books was the first one, Vampires Don't Wear Polka Dots. Little did I ever know that I would later become the main character, Ms. Jeepers, the students' teacher and vampire.


It all happened last week. To start this off, I bring a water bottle filled with red Kool-Aid to class every day because for one thing, I need to drink a lot or else I start to get a sore throat from all the "shushing" all day. Second, I need to sugar to keep up with some of these kids. The students often see me take sips from my bottle as I keep it with me near the front of the classroom. 

Well, at the end of class one day a student came up to me and asked me if I'm a vampire because I always drink red juice and she said my two incisor teeth are very sharp and pointy. All I could think to say after being so surprised by this (and holding back a laugh) was "you better watch out then" and she quickly got into line. 

I only wish I were as enigmatic and mysterious as my fictional role-model Ms. Jeepers. 

No comments:

Post a Comment