Saturday, October 16, 2010

SEPTA Blues

SEPTA, I am utterly annoyed by your backwardness. I don't understand how in this day and age, you can run a major public transportation system in one of the largest cities in the United States and NOT have machines in each station to break large bills OR use a credit card. Furthermore, who uses tokens anymore!? Boston upgraded to a card tapping system years ago.

I am sick and tired of having a $5 or $10 bill in my wallet and walking into a station without a coin machine (because let's face it, only about one of out every three stations actually has one). And god forbid you allow the people working in the booth to break bills. I don't understand their job - they sit there all day and take your money, but only if you have the $2 exact change. They can't give you change, they can't break the bill, and they don't have a credit card machine.


I guess it's my fault in a sense - I should come prepared on my trips with small bills for my return trip, and that would stop me from having to frantically search for a CVS or corner store to break a $5 or $10 while I miss about a dozen trains. But really, SEPTA, when are you going to join the modern age and upgrade your system?

No comments:

Post a Comment