Tuesday, October 19, 2010

Smashing Pumpkins

I just found out that Eastern State Penitentiary holds Halloween haunted house tours at night all month. I think I might be going with some people from work this weekend, and I am so so so so excited! I've been there in the daytime and I was eerily frightened, and to go there at night while it's "haunted house style" will be totally kick-ass. Halloweenie!

I also just stumbled upon this ESL group that meets up in Center City every Monday night. It's basically a place for English Language Learners to hang out and talk to native speakers. I figure it should be a cool way to meet some people (older people, I bet - sigh) and also have some good conversations - sort of like free therapy? Plus I have an interest in English as a second language and some background in teaching it, so that helps too. Anything to get me out of the house and away from lesson planning every night!

No comments:

Post a Comment