Thursday, November 11, 2010

New Outlook

Tomorrow I am going to go back to school with a new state of mind. I'm going to exude calmness and love towards all my students (easier said than done for the fifth grade though) and just set out at the task at hand: which is teaching the students the daily lesson. I will not raise my voice, I will not stop smiling, and I will calmly deal with students who wish to speak while I am teaching.

It's funny, but the biggest thing that trips me up while teaching the third graders are the stupid pencils! Our grade team thought it would be a good idea to take them from all students and just provide pencils in our classroom. However, I teach third and fifth so I have to always be passing out/recollecting pencils from students. And they are always breaking...and my fingers have bruises from sharpening hoards of pencils every morning.

I just wolfed down a bag of gummy bears - so this post could possibly have been induced from the high sugar intake and lack of breakfast.

No comments:

Post a Comment