Monday, January 24, 2011

Highs and Lows

In terms of actual "lows" in weather, of course this week the temperature is down to near-negative numbers. I woke up and it said it was 9 degrees Fahrenheit outside. And guess what? The heat in my apartment is on the fritz again! The building manager just put in a new digital thermostat last week which rocks because I can see what the temperature is, and whenever I set it the heating machine would instantly boom to life.

...until today. I went to bed with the thing set to 67 and woke up to a lovely 55. I can hear the machine working, but it's as if the pilot light is out because it never springs to life. I'm getting really annoyed because this is the third time this has happened, and I hate to be that pesky tenant.

Another low is that my computer is so low on memory that whenever I try to play my CivIV game, it crashes abruptly. Which is strange because I just spent all day yesterday playing it with no problems... Just another sign that someone up there is hating on me today.

But a high is that today I found out that I am having my fifth grade classes handed over to my new social studies co-teacher! His content area is social studies so they want to put him back into it, and we spoke today and he's going to lead teach the fifth grade while I work with small groups of kids who need more guidance in the back. And he's going to do the same for my third graders. I'm pretty pumped about it, although I always get so nervous when someone is in the classroom and I'm teaching.

All I want right now is Jersey Shore, working heat, and a cup of hot chocolate. Is that too much to ask for?

No comments:

Post a Comment