Monday, January 17, 2011

Ready, Set, Serve

Today I volunteered with a group to represent Teach for America Philadelphia at an Americorps service site at a middle school in South Philly. Americorps was hosting numerous service sites across the city at public schools. At our site some of us helped paint murals in the hallways, and some others helped paint classrooms. This is the mural I helped paint in one of the hallways:

(I painted the little boy in the middle)

It was a pretty fun experience even taking in the fact that I didn't really know or socialize with people in the group I went with. I find it awesome to think that our mural (while we didn't design it) will remain there for years, in this building I will most likely never set foot into again, seen by thousands of students. 

No comments:

Post a Comment