Wednesday, May 4, 2011

Is It Friday Yet?

I did a terribly horrible thing last night. It was something I had vowed never to do; something that NO ONE should ever do: I added Rebecca Black's "Friday" song to my iTunes...


I know what you must be thinking: "Vinny, what the hell is wrong with you?! Are you sick in the head? She can't sing, the lyrics are trash, etc.!" While I agree with what you have to tell me, it was something that just had to happen. I found myself numerous times going to YouTube to listen to the song and laugh at the music video. After a while, the beat and horrible singing started to get catchy to me. The catalyst for the download and addition to my iTunes came after I was driving in the car last night with my friend and Friday came onto her iPod shuffle. At first I was embarrassed that she had the song at all, but after we sang it loud and proud I realized, why don't I have it on my iTunes? 

And so, with a heavy heart, I downloaded it and put it onto my iTunes. It's already up to about five plays in just one evening. Not surprisingly, as I was playing the song last night a big silverfish ran out from a crack in the wall (only to be smashed to death by my sneaker), proving that even bugs run from Rebecca Black...

No comments:

Post a Comment