Sunday, July 3, 2011

Week Removed

I've been in Boston now for one week, and I can't stress how much my life has changed for the better in this short period of time. My life went from stress and overbearing "programs/work" to enjoying life, being positive, and enjoying my location. Gone is the stress and uncertainty caused by Teach for America, gone is the boredom and loneliness, grime and disgust of Philadelphia, and gone is the negativity that permeated my life as a Teach for America corps member in a city I did not enjoy.

As I said, it's only been a week but I've already caught up and seen most of my amazing friends, signed for an apartment in the city, and put my feelers out for continuing grad school. I can't stress enough how much happier I am living in Boston (albeit living at home in Boston until August 1st) - a city that seems far more open and cheerful than Philadelphia, a city with a better climate and temperature than Philadelphia, and a city with a class of people far above those who live in Philadelphia. It's amazing to be back on the coast and have the ocean and ocean breeze around me. The air is significantly cleaner, and the beach provides a much needed aesthetic to my life.

I'm swearing off programs forever.

No comments:

Post a Comment