Friday, August 26, 2011

Rock Me, Irene

Apparently everyone in MASSACHUSETTS is getting up in arms over Hurricane Irene. The media is making it sound like the end of days is fast approaching and that we should all run to our local supermarkets and stock up for the worst. I mean, I can recall some hurricanes that have made it up to Massachusetts before in my lifetime, and yes, the storm waves and rain amounts were large, but it was never as bad as the media made it out to be. And I'm CERTAIN, mark my words, that it will be the same this time around.

Yes there will be rain, strong winds, and probably coastal flooding, but that's expected with any large storm coming into the area. My prediction is that either Irene will severely weaken before it gets up to New England, or else it will veer towards land somewhere up along the east coast and that will also weaken its impact on the northeast. Either way, it won't be as strong as the meteorologists predict. Lest we all remember those "accurate" forecasts every winter of those "terrible blizzards" coming our way, and then you wake up in the morning and there's either NO SNOW or a dusting on the street?

You can't frighten me, weathermen and media alike! I won't buy into this Irene nonsense!

No comments:

Post a Comment