Friday, March 2, 2012

iPad America

Today I was taking the subway to work and it finally dawned on me how much I despise the iPad. There I was, standing on the train, and I look down at this man sitting next to me watching a TV show on his iPad. Now, I understand that the iPad does have some unique functions which makes it a strong asset to have, making it essentially a lightweight and more portable laptop. However, all I could see was the iPad becoming the "TV screen away from the TV" for Americans. Finally, I realized that the Wall-E depiction of Americans being enslaved by the boob tube isn't that far from reality.

And yes, I do have an iPod which I listen to while on the go, but usually I listen to my music and read a book at the same time. Watching a TV show seems to be in another category in my mind.

No comments:

Post a Comment